Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet the Simpson Six

Welcome to anyone who should read this blog.


I like to think I have a pretty interesting life... and I enjoy writing. So I thought it would be therapeutic to write about my "interesting life". And just possibly somebody else would enjoy reading it.


So here goes the back story.... so all the little tales to come make sense. Let me introduce the cast of characters first.



First there is me... 27 year old mother of four (explanation to follow). My family just moved to Culpeper a few months ago from Northern Fauquier County into our dream house (well my dream, but they are enjoying it too). I have been a stay-at-home mom since my son was born last year and very much loving every minute of the chaos. Quite frankly I don't know how I managed to do anything when I worked full time as an insurance agent before.



So now I fill my days with laundry and kids and more laundry and dishes and cleaning and entertaining and catering to my children's every whim (with the exception of a sacred hour of the day when I watch the previous nights TiVoed reality show).





Ken... the Dad, the hubby and the ring leader. Ken and I met almost five years ago, ONLINE and both trying to get over less-than-wonderful past relationships. To make a long love story short, we met, fell in love almost immediately and married two years later. And that's where the kids come in...





Kayla and Skylar... are Ken's girls from his previous marriage and my daughters. Step daughters seems so cold and I only ever use it to explain to a few people who give me the oogly-eye because I have an eleven year old. Kayla is 11 and is my sidekick, she will do anything to help. She can be a bit distant at times, but its those moments when she swings those lanky legs up on my lap and cuddles me that melts my heart. Skylar is 8 and she lives in a perfect world... she has such an innocence about her that she always keeps us smiling. I always tell people she is the smartest dumb blonde I have ever met!


Both of the girls are remarkable and we are extremely lucky that our family blended as wonderfully as it did right from the beginning. Kayla and Skylar are with us full time, spending three weekends out of the month with their mom. They are just as much my kids as the other two!

Genavieve... was two years old when I met Ken. She has known Ken as her Daddy for as long as she can remember and Ken adopted Gena last year so she is now officially a Simpson. This little girl has so much fire and spunk it knocks us over sometimes.... I keep telling myself all her independence and stubbornness will be useful to her one day! She use to tell us when she was younger that she was going to be an "Arguer"... a lawyer by any other name would smell as sweet!




Ryker... is the best of both Ken and I. He never stops, as I suspect most boys his age are guilty of. He has so much personality he doesn't know what to do with himself. He is such the little prince of the family. All the girls cater to his ever need... We like to call him the Mayor of Simpsonville.... he is always looking for someone new to charm.




So that's the cast....

The plot is the pursuit of happiness amongst the mayhem of everyday.


The conclusion yet to be determined...

I hope you enjoy my ramblings...

2 comments:

Susan McCorkindale said...

No electricity for a day? Fine. Then no nookie for 30 days. We all know who he's punishing, and now "we" are going to get him back!!! S.

CAT said...

Hi Courtney!!

I LOVE your blog. You have always been a superb writer and manage to get your feelings down on paper (or screen) exactly right. Congratulations on having such a beautiful life. You deserve every ounce of happiness!! Your family is a treasure. Genavieve is such a little lady now!! Ryker is a cutie pie! I'll keep checking your blog!! Keep in touch!!

-Cathleen